If you are new to the wait list or have been on it for years, this information is designed to help you stay active on the list. There is nothing more disheartening than being on the waiting list for years and finding out you have been removed and are no longer active. Follow these tips to stay active.
- Keep your address current with our agency.
- Reporting address changes to the Post Office does not update your address with our agency. If we mail something to you and it is returned to us, you will be removed from the list. Email your address changes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read every letter we send you carefully and completely.
- You will have directions and deadlines on the letters we mail you. You must follow the directions and meet the deadlines. If you do not return items by the deadline, you will be removed from the waiting list.
- Some of the letters will clearly state no faxes or emails are accepted.
- If you fax or email a response to a letter that states no faxes or emails will be accepted, you will be removed from the list.
- If you are sent a packet to determine your eligibility read the checklist carefully and follow the directions for each item on the checklist.
- If you return an incomplete packet to the agency, you may be dropped from the waiting list. Some people get excited when they receive their packet, complete the forms we send and disregard the checklist. If none of the documentation is provided we cannot determine if you are eligible and you will be removed from the waiting list.
In the unfortunate event, you do find you are no longer active on the waiting list, you do have a right to request a review of the decision. You will submit your request to email@example.com and supply any information the Housing Authority requests to complete the review.